Sunday, February 15, 2015

Tarawa Week 6

NGaianne.

So last week.  Well pretty legit farshore but it went by way too fast.  Haha realized yesterday that I still hadn't written my journal entry from 2 Sundays ago so I got on that sort of.  Well Elder Tareka is gone. He'll be hitting up the Provo MTC tomorrow or something which I guess is today for me so that's like wild right?  Haha Still don't have a new companion though cause transfers (started 2 weeks ago) still aren't over and Stone is the very last one there so he'll probs be with me around Wednesday or something. So stoked!  

Upcoming week we have mission/zone conference, first one and I'm like 8 and a half months into my mission like what?  Haha let's be real, Kiribati is unreal...also just realized that when I started my mission Katie was on her 5th or 6th transfer or something like that and now I'm on my 7th so like let's goo! No sweet number pics for you all cause we don't do that here haha..

Also I just realized that I have a problem killing or having all dead comps like count them.  Loe (alive)  Iotebwa (dead) one week.  Faoliu (dead) one week. Klatt (dead). Matiare (almost dead). Bettencourt (America). Tareka (America/Biribin (phillippines))  They're all gone but I think that's going to stop soon (hopefully).  Carrington got back from Beru today so that was legit to see and talk to him and good to hear about my island haha.

Looking a little chubby huh? (Rich told Daniel in his email that the kids said he looked a little chubby in his pictures from last week, and so Adam said he is going to be able to beat Daniel at basketball when he gets home.) That's rough. but I will promise, if anyone wants to take me at basketball they are definitely going to want to give it a try when I get home, cause I really probably won't be very good.  Sacrifices for the work right?

This last week we worked really hard. But it was a rough week, Tareka was starting to feel sick and I was feeling way tired for some reason but we managed to get two solid baptisms in on Saturday which were awesome, of course.  And managed to throw down 30 something lessons, (my high so far is 40).  I hear Stone is an animal so we'll probably get a lot of work done when he finally gets down here.

Spiritual:  Sunday we forgot (it was complicated and a lot of reasons but "forgot" sums it up) to give our baptismal forms to the person conducting so then they didn't know about our baptisms and then the Sacrament started so our two recent converts didn't get confirmed and the Stake Pres said we had to do it next week.  It really sucked. And I felt like all I was doing was working for this ward. Giving them all I've got and they couldn't do enough to know we had baptisms on Saturday. Well it was our fault really and I felt calm because it felt like it wasn't that big of a deal. Well guess what? Turns out this girl comes up to us after church after hearing about it and is like "What happens if you've never been confirmed?" (translated ;) Well you need to be confirmed, so it turns out her friend had been baptized a long time ago but because of one thing or another she never got confirmed afterwards. Heavenly Father is there and answers prayers and worries with the plan that He has long since planned out. If they were confirmed, that other girl might not have had the Holy Ghost for a long time more and that is a bad thing.

Love you all, hope this is a good enough email for you all cause I tried. :)

Love,
Elder Pettingill

P.S. Sending pictures from here supposedly gives viruses and I've already seen some so I am going to cut back on pics and try and send the ones that need to go through the senior couples!

Questions:

What does Ngianne mean? Ngaia anne.  "That's right".  I speak two languages. So weird. So awesome. Learned some Figian this week too from our district leader.

Where do you hold baptisms?  We baptize in our chapel, but the one time the person forgot to fill up the font and so we baptized her in the ocean right next to it since it has a place for that as well :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment